Ayurvedic Amla Recipes for Home Remedies
By : Urmi J.
Amla itself is a self-sufficient rasayana! Most of its recipes are quick, easy, affordable detox teas and vegetable soups & juices mix. The best way to have is as raw fresh slices with a pinch of Himalaya pink or black salt or soak fruits into salty water to offset its bitter taste. Also, a good combination with Ginger, Turmeric, Tulsi (Holy Basil), Honey, Jaggery, and Ghee (Clarified Butter).
- Constipation, Common cold & cough - 2 tbsp dry Amla powder with equal quantity of honey. Mix it well and consume 4-5 times a day. No harm if taken daily.
- Mouth Ulcer - 1 tbsp fresh fruit nectar or dried powder mixed with 1 cup water, ½ tsp turmeric powder (optional), and 1tbsp honey. Gargle for a few seconds and spit.
- Heartburn - Amla fruit juice, slices, or dry powder with Himalayan black or pink salt in between meals can reduce Heartburn's frequency.
- Obesity and fat loss - Having fresh juice before your meal can help lowering obesity and body fat because fibers and protein in amla can prevent your cravings.
High cholesterol, High blood pressure:
- Add 2 tbsp fresh fruit juice or its powder in vegetable mix juice of Doodhi (Bottle Gourd) and Carrot. Add a pinch of salt, black pepper, and ginger. Regularly taking in the morning
(empty stomach) for 5 to 10 weeks helps lower occurring high lipid.
- Including ½ tsp Karela (Bitter Gourd) powder/fresh juice in this recipe will also help in diabetes.
- Mix fresh Amla juice or powder with Aloe vera or cucumber juice. Add a pinch of pink salt and black pepper. Infused some fresh ginger or turmeric slice, Tulsi (Holy Basil) or
mint, rose or hibiscus flower. Add honey or jaggery to taste.
- Try our organic tea products available at Ayurveda Market Place!
Eye vision, Brain functions, anti-inflammatory: Daily use of amla helps manage inflammation and other healthy aging issues.
- Consume raw & fresh slices with a sprinkle of Himalayan black salt or dried Amla candies in between meals or fresh fruit juice/slices in detoxifying flavored, infused Water &
Teas with other herbs like other herbal tonics champs Tulsi (Holi Basil), Brahmi, Ashwagandha, Ginger, Aloe vera, chamomile, etc.
- Reduces arthritis-related pain, improves cognitive capabilities, overall eye health, including reducing cataract issues and healing eye allergies, pinkeye, watery and itchy eyes.
Hair: Amla hair oil - It works as a natural conditioner for strong, long, and shiny hair. It also slows down graying hair process. Gentle massage with hair oil increases blood circulation in
the scalp, memory, and concentration.
- Mix 3-4 tbsp dry Amla powder, 2-3 tbsp Fenugreek seeds powder, 1-2 tbsp Henna powder, and 3-4 tbsp Brahmi powder 750 ml Coconut oil. Please bring it to a single boil and
then let keep on low flame for 10 mins OR give a sun heat to this mixture in a glass container for about two weeks. Then filter it and apply it to your hair at least twice a week.
Immunity, Restoration, mental-physio strength: 1-2 full tbsp Chyawanprash - the sage's genius formula mentioned in the Indian holy book of Ayurveda, the Charaka Samhita, in the 4th century BCE.
- Morning time is best to take either daily or at least in winters or at seasonal changes. Best time to take it in the morning with an empty stomach or at night bedtime. For all ages (different quantities), for every healthy being, and those going through some health conditions.
- Chyawanprash is an evergreen, time-proven one super-nutritious formula containing a vital combination of 12 or more Ayurvedic herbs. It is suitable for your immune system, also
helps in managing blood sugar and lipids.
Overall gut health: Triphala Churan formula (three berries powder mix)- 1 tsp Triphala powder ½ cup water. Consume daily for a long healthy life. Good time to take is early morning or
at night. It is another unique ancient sage's formula mentioned in the Indian holy book of Ayurveda, the Sushruta Samhita, in 1500 BCE.
- Three herbal rasayanas: 1/3-part Haritaki (Terminalia Chebula) mainly for the Vata dosha + 1/3-part Bibhitaki (Terminalia Bellirica) mainly for the Kapha dosha + 1/3-part Amalaki (Phyllanthus Emblica) mainly for the Pitta dosha.
- Triphala is used to solve many purposes, mainly for treating Tridosha: Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. Single solution for multiple challenges; Good for the digestive tract, blood purification, diabetes, healthy kidney, and liver.
Said two well-known Indian Ayurvedic recipes work wonderfully on developing the body's Ojas, Tejas, and Prana energies for revival and longevity. Such recipes one can make easily at home
or can buy from our Ayurveda Market Place online store. Try our Triphala capsules if you don’t find time to make such recipes. Including Amla in your daily life will certainly benefit you. It will improve body's metabolism, promote faster digestion, and balance Tridosha-Trigunas to keep you fit & young. Amla (Amalaki) is a magical rejuvenating, anti-aging Indian household herb for improving overall body’s healthy gut functions.
Good immunity and the body's overall strength are two important intentions of our happy and healthy life!!
Read our other blogs such as Herbal Rasayanas to get inspired by Ayurveda. 🙂