Herbs play an essential role in our day-to-day life, whether we use them as an aromatic element, add flavor to the delicious food dishes, or build a personal herbal garden.
Mint offers exquisite cooling benefits for the hot summer season. Mint belongs to the Mentha genus with around 600 different species worldwide. Some famous mint species are Cool mint, Spearmint, Peppermint, Chocolate Mint, Pennyroyal, Cuban ‘Mojito’ Mint, Wild American Mint, and many more.
Some of the most significant benefits of mint are:
- Rich in Iron, Manganese, and Vitamin A
- Soothes irritable bowel syndrome
- Relieves indigestion
- Aromatic mint essential oil is excellent for relaxation and improvising brain function
- Boosts immunity and reduces cold symptoms
- Masks bad breath
- Reduces breastfeeding pain
Arjuna is one of the essential herbs for the heart. Arjuna belongs to the Terminalia genus and is found mainly in North Indian and Sri Lankan contingents. It plays an essential role in strengthening heart muscles and boosting the energy level.
Some of the most significant benefits of arjuna are:
- Rich in antioxidants including phenolic acids, flavonoids, triterpenoids, glycosides
- Supports healthy sugar level
- Controls blood pressure
- Reduces inflammation
- Promotes faster wound healing
Basil is a must-have flavorful summertime herb, which can be paired with salads, supplements, herbal tea, cocktails, fruit dishes, and more. Basil belongs to the Ocimum Basilicum genus and is native to the Asian and African continents, but it is found worldwide. Some famous basil species are Sweet basil, Greek basil, Thai Basil, Cinnamon basil, and Holy basil.
Some of the most significant benefits of basil are:
- Rich in Vitamin A, K, and Manganese
- Great remedy for indigestion, nausea
- Stress reliever
- Promote mindfulness
- Lowers blood sugar, cholesterol, and blood pressure
- Gut health
- Insect repellent
- Dental protection
Bacopa is a rejuvenating herb for brain function and the nervous system. Bacopa belongs to the Plantaginaceae genus with approximately 100 other aquatic species. Bacopa is found in Asian, European, American, and African subcontinents.
Some of the most significant benefits of Bacopa are:
- Rich in the bacosides compound that neutralizes free radicals and provides protection from conditions like neurodegenerative diseases.
- Boosts brain function
- Helps reduce ADHD symptoms
- Anxiety and stress relief
- Reduces inflammation
- Healthy blood pressure level
Boswellia is an excellent herb for relieving pain from chronic inflammatory conditions like Osteoarthritis, Cancer, Asthma, and Inflammatory bowel disease. Boswellia belongs to the Burseraceae family and is commonly known as frankincense. Boswellia is a native to India, Africa, and the Arabian Peninsula.
Some of the most significant benefits of Boswellia are:
- Skin treatments and aromatherapy
- Relieving chronic pain associated with arthritis and cancer
- Reduces inflammation of bowel disease
- Relieves Parkinson’s symptoms by improving the motor function
Visit Ayurved Market place today to check out these amazing herbs and start your health journey!!!
It is highly recommended to consult your family physician before consuming any supplements.