- Aloe vera (Barbados Aloe, Kumari) contains enzymes
- polysaccharides and skin nutrients which exhibit antibacterial and antifungal action.
- It also has a natural sunscreen effect.
- Papaver rhoeas (Red Poppy, Rakta-posta) acts as an emollient and a soothing agent.
- Vitis vinifera (Grapes, Draksha) contains vitamins and minerals, which nourish the skin.
- Citrus limon (Lemon, Nimbaka) and Solanum lycopersicum (Tomato, Raktamaci) are rich sources of vitamin C and A respectively and both have an antioxidant and natural sunscreen effect.
- Santalum album (Sandalwood Tree, Chandana) has been used in skin diseases to alleviate itching and inflammation.