- Though it is always suggested that one should discuss with one's healthcare provider before taking any medicine even if it is herbal; however generally Patanjali Kanchnar Guggul is recommended to be taken twice daily. One can take two tablets of Kanchnar Guggul two times in a day with warm water or milk, one hour after food.
- One should not have eaten raw onions or garlic atleast half an hour before and after taking any Ayurvedic medicine. In fact, one should avoid these two in raw form while undergoing an Ayurvedic treatment. Also, ayurvedic medicines are best taken with milk or normal water. They should never be taken with cold water or any other beverage.
- Kanchanar - Boehinia Variegata, Shunthi - Zingiber officinale,
- Maricha - Piper nigrum,
- Pippali - Piper longum
- Haritaki - Terminalia chebula,
- Vibhitaki - Terminalia bellerica,
- Amalaki - Embelica officinalis,
- Varuna - Crataeva nurvala,
- Tej Patra - Cinnamomum tamala,
- Elaichi - Elletaria cardemomum,
- Dalchini - Cinnamomum zeylanicum,
- Suddha Guggulu - Commiphora mukul